Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Mother!!

It never ceases to amaze me how much I act like my mother. Last night at church the kids were rowdy while waiting for the vans to leave. My mom had Kali on her hip cause she's spoiled and Nama's girl. Sean was with me and the kids would not sit down. They had eaten treats in class and were all kinds of hyped up. In order to get over the voices of 40 kids you have to be loud. My mom had attempted to calm them down and it didn't work. Me, being little Carolyn, was definitely loud enough for everyone to hear me. I remember when I was little and mom would have to get louder than us just to give us instructions. The looks on the kids faces yesterday was the same look that I had when I was little. I guess we always say we won't be like our mothers but when it comes down to it we all turn out that way. No problems though. At least I know with me being like my parents, hopefully my kids will follow in the footsteps of us and grow up like my brothers and I. We have tough times and rocky roads, but all in all we turned out OK! At least I think we did. Thanks Mom and Dad for instilling in me the wisdom and strength to raise my children the way we were raised.



On a lighter note, here's the picture of Sean giving Mom and Dad the keys to their new building. They are putting in a restaurant. The building needs lots of remodeling but it will be great. Sean helped Danny clean it out and showed Daddy around so it's "Sean's first Sale." He's what keeps me going. Everyday he asks me if I am gonna sell any houses.

No comments: