Monday, October 13, 2008

They Know How to Get What They Want!!!

Friday was a crazy day for me. I was at the office working and as usual Sean asked if he could use the scissors and cut some paper into pieces. I have showed him how to use the scissors and he does a really great job. He is really careful not to cut his fingers. Again as usual I forgot one very important detail. Give him instructions on what not to cut. You guessed it!! He gave himself a haircut. Let me take you back two days. We were visiting with Jacob and Kristy and their boy Tyler needed a haircut. Tyler being just like his daddy wants it buzzed off. Sean, being the smaller of the two boys and loving Tyler as much as he does, wants his hair buzzed too. He wants to be like Tyler. I get that. It's great Tyler is a great role model. I tell Sean that he has to discuss the haircut with his dad before we let Jacob buzz it off. Back to Friday, I turn around to find a chunk of Sean's hair missing. There is hair all over the office floor. I am ready to die because I know what's coming. I calmly tell him that he can't cut his own hair with scissors and that now we have to go to see Miss Joy at the Barber Shop. He's excited. We get to Joy's hoping to be able to fix it because on Wednesday he has school pictures. Can't fix it. Have to buzz it all off. When Joy finishes I tell Sean that all his hair is gone. His response, you got it!! "Me told you me wanted a haircut like Tyler's" I cannot keep in the laugh anymore. He figured out how to get exactly what he wanted. Little stinker. Can't help but love him.






1 comment:

The Detwilers said...

That's really funny!! Good thing he didn't think Kali needed a haircut like Tyler!! I'm glad I found you on here!! Hope your week is great!!